Thursday, February 24, 2011

Twelve Weeks

Another week has passed and I am closer to getting my hands dirty in the soil that thought just puts a smile on my face. Saturday, I sowed all the petunia seed into three starter trays. More Coleus plants have appeared over the week; I think about 30 of the 50 seeds germinated. No seeds to plant this weekend but in Week 10 I have more annual flowers to do.

In the mean time I have been pouring over a gardening supply catalog and ordered 3 more self-watering seed starter trays, 4 self-watering inserts for hanging baskets and a seedling trowel. I hope the seedling trowel will small enough to remove just one seedling and transplant it to a bigger pot. For the last couple years I have been using wooden skewers to pick out the small plants for transplanting.

No comments:

Post a Comment