Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Touring Olbrich Botanical Gardens.




The last two weeks my brother Arthur has been visiting me.  Last Tuesday, was the only day which rain was not forecast so I took the day off and we did the tourist thing around the Madison area.  The first stop was Olbrich Botanical Gardens.  The land was donated by Michael Olbrich in the 1920.  The land is located on the Lake Monona east shoreline.   I would visit the garden regularly until the early about 1995 since that time there have been many changes to the garden.   If you have not been there lately you must stop and walk through them.  Here is a tour of the gardens.
Jacob Ladder blooming in the Wildflower Garden.

Looking toward the Rock Garden from the Wildflower Garden.

Rock Garden

The pond between the Wildflower and Rock Gardens.

The Rose Garden

I am not sure which garden this is.

 Tomorrow I will finish the tour with the Thai Pavilion.

No comments:

Post a Comment