Friday, September 3, 2010

A Free Craig's List Find

This June I found the chair above on Craig's List for free, I cannot believe I was the first to ask for it. The chair needed to be cleaned with 1,2,3 solution and bottom rungs were reglued. I removed the velvet sit covering and will replace it with recycled leather in the color burgundy. I will start upholstering it after I finish making my suede cushions for my two Morris-like chairs. The Morris chairs are located on the three season porch. I also finish the antique wing chair which is show torn apart in a previous blog but have just been too busy in the garden to write about it yet. I have no idea where I am going to put chair showed above since the house is starting to fill up. If I find anymore chairs I like, I will have to sell or give away one of the newer aged chair I reupholster so there will be room for it. My mother's comment to that was remember me.

1 comment:

  1. Score! That's an awesome chair. Or will be after you finish with it :-)

    ReplyDelete